Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Wedding Day: Part One

   

     Time seemed to inch by until the week before the wedding. Then the reality of what was happening finally set in and time seemed to be going by too fast!!  The crazy long list of things that needed to be done grew shorter by the day, with the tremendous help of family and friends, until the only chaos that remained was the anxious excitement that Jordan and I were feeling.  I don't think either one of us slept much that week. 

     We watched the weather each day praying for a sunny day, but as each day got closer, rain seemed inevitable. 

     The day of the wedding was dreamlike.  It truly was the happiest day of my life.  As we walked into the Los Angeles temple, the butterflies in my stomach finally calmed.  I felt a peace settling over me and I was filled with a confirmation that I was marrying the love of my life.  The ceremony was beautiful and special as we were surrounded by family and friends. As I looked at Jordan, I overwhelmed by the feelings I had for him and was so happy that we would be together for all time and eternity.  

     The rain held up just as Jordan and I made our exit from the temple.  It was a small miracle.



                                                                                                                                           

                                










                                                          
     The break in the rain didn't last too long.  Within a few minutes, we had a steady rainfall.  Jordan and I didn't seem to care.  We were married!!!  That's all we could think about. :)



  
    




















     The wedding party started on their way to the luncheon and somehow forgot the bride and groom at the temple.  We got some funny looks in the visitor's center as we sat soaking wet in suit and dress waiting for a ride.  That didn't seem to faze us though and was an extra good story to add to the day.

     The luncheon was beautiful.  Malibu was sunny and warm and we were able to dry off as we sat underneath the sunny windows and watched the surfers below on the beach.  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment